The Smart Bee™ is a patented Nondestructive testing (NDT) autonomous precision controlled aerial robotic system (drone) for defense and industrial applications. This platform can conduct autonomous eddy-current, magnetic-particle, liquid penetrant, radiographic, ultrasonic, and visual testing at heights and in confined spaces without the need for cranes, scaffolding, or rope work. This includes;
- Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UTT) such as wall or pipe thickness measurements of ships hull, oil & gas facilities, pipelines, etc. to ASTM, API, or other standards.
- Dry film thickness (DFT) paint coating thickness measurements on ferrous substrates pursuant to SSPC-PA 2 or other standards, producing over 100 measurements per hour
- Surface profile measurements for blast cleaned metal surfaces pursuant with SSPC-SP or other standards.
- Nondestructive examination (NDE), Nondestructive Inspection (NDI), confined space, and other inspections.
- Apellix can integrate NDT and other technologies into its platform to create custom / bespoke applications.
We do this without the need for cranes, scaffolding or rope work.
The Smart Bee was recently recognized as a 2017 Innovation of the Year by the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE).